T5 shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T5 shifter

What did you use for a "boot" since the factory T5 shifter boot doesn't fit properly?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

What made sense to my 17 year old mind, at the time. Just cut the stock one.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
        What made sense to my 17 year old mind, at the time. Just cut the stock one.
        Is it binding the shifter?

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          Is it binding the shifter?

No, there's definitely room for it to move freely.

New idea though... I would bet it had to do with my vibration I've been chasing for months. And I'm leaning towards my flywheel being horribly out of balance or not mounted properly/damaged. Especially since the vibration changes with the same RPM ranges with now two different motors, and two different completely balanced driveshafts. Might possibly explain why I was ripping through transmission mounts as well.

Comment

No, there's definitely room for it to move freely.

New idea though... I would bet it had to do with my vibration I've been chasing for months. And I'm leaning towards my flywheel being horribly out of balance or not mounted properly/damaged. Especially since the vibration changes with the same RPM ranges with now two different motors, and two different completely balanced driveshafts. Might possibly explain why I was ripping through transmission mounts as well.
            Could be an engine mount as well, causing the engine to move too much, have you checked those?
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              Could be an engine mount as well, causing the engine to move too much, have you checked those?
              Yeah, that was my first thought. It shakes a little bit at idle due to the cam, but evens out smoothly when I'm getting vibration. My only other idea is something transmission related or internally. I'll probably get a flywheel this week...

Comment

I have the same and my shifter is rattling in second, third, and fourth. and 2nd in normal driving conditions sounds like its going to fall apart.

Comment

I can honestly say mine doesn't rattle that much, the brass bushing at the bottom of the stick rattles, but it just needs some grease and it'll be fine. Try greasing all the moving parts? Idk :o

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Mine started rattling before the brass bushing was installed. I probably will get the billet shifter when I get some extra money. There is a reason the old Hurst shifter is discontinued.
                    Last edited by KJZ28; 09-24-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I can not fathom that your shifter rattles. Mine is "tight".

Raven

Comment

When my replacement gets here I'll take a video to show you, Robert. I'm sure it's something silly I've done, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

Comment

When my replacement gets here I'll take a video to show you, Robert. I'm sure it's something silly I've done, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.
                          Yours rattles, 02firebird's rattles, mine rattles, and that shifter is discontinued. I am sure it has nothing to do with you or anyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X