T5 shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 shifter

Just tired of my Hurst giving me nothing but issues. Let me know what you have, but I'd almost prefer stock.

Re: T5 shifter

i've got a hurst and stock

Comment

I'll be staying as far away from a Hurst as possible. I hate this thing.

Comment

what don't you like about it? anyway make me a fair offer on the stock one and its yours.

Comment

It rattles horribly, and I had to space the back two bolts so that it would stay in 1st&3rd gear. I like how it shifts, just hate the rattle...

Comment

weird... i didn't have any issues like that with mine.

Comment

My Hurst shifter rattles horribly in 3rd at WOT. I also had to put a half inch spacer on mine and get longer bolts for it to stay in 3rd gear. I keep trying to get a different short throw but my money keeps disappearing elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                It rattles horribly, and I had to space the back two bolts so that it would stay in 1st&3rd gear. I like how it shifts, just hate the rattle...
                What model Hurst do you have? Hurst p/n?

I have no problem with my Comp/Plus Shifter (p/n 391-0032)

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Probably a silly question, but as far as staying in forward gears; have you adjusted the forward shift stop to allow it to go further into gear?

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                    Probably a silly question, but as far as staying in forward gears; have you adjusted the forward shift stop to allow it to go further into gear?
                    You don't need to have "shift stops" on our T5 transmission - I surely don't.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

You don't need to have "shift stops" on our T5 transmission - I surely don't
                      true, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I had a hurst and loved it. I have a stocker laying around for the price of shipping plus like $5 handling (me having to drive it to the post office)
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I have the same model as you, Robert.

Chicken, Bee spoke up first, so he's my first contact, but I'm on standby until Monday in any case.

Comment

Given that your forward shift stop isn't keeping it from going into gear all the way I'm not sure why it would be spitting it out of gear unless there is something going on with the input shaft pilot bushing or the trans itself.

As far as the rattle goes: did you retain the stock bushing that the bottom of the shifter stick sits in? Also do you still have the inner side springs in the shifter, or have they been removed?

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...910029(2)1.pdf

Comment

It was forced out if gear by the angle it mounted at. And if you mean the little cup (isolator?) then no, its a brass one. The largest of the springs has been removed, smaller two remain. And it could also be partially due to a poly trans and torque arm mounts.

Also, that's a different design shifter than mine. Mine doesn't have stops.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X