Long tube headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long tube headers

Looking to pickup a set of longtube headers in the next couple of weeks to a month. Wondering if anyone has a set floating around.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Long tube headers

look up user name "tengis" on ls1tech. I bought mine from him last year. He said he was part of the group that made them and had a few sets left. That was about a year ago, but might be worth a try. I think I paid either $450 or $550 shipped to my door. They were brand new, still vacuum wrapped even.
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

ya, I sent him a message on ls1tech and didn't get a reply...he left me with a cell number last year to that I texted to no avail either.

Comment

Last Activity: 01-14-2013 11:34 PM lol

Comment

I know, I saw that...I'm assuming his cell number is no good either lol. I've tracked down a few forums he frequents...so we'll see where this leads...

Comment

HE never replied to my PM either. Over a year ago.
            sigpic

Comment

Yea, when I bought mine around this time last year, the deal took a few weeks to get finished. Sometimes he'd reply to my pm's within a few hours, sometimes it was a few days. I guess I got lucky and he actually came thru for me though.

On another note, I did have to modify the drivers side header because it hung too low. The pipes and collector were angled slightly downward and was a MAJOR ground clearance issue, especially with me being lowered. I cut the tubes and re-welded them so that it was level and raised a hair. Now my drivers side is about 2-3 inches shorter than the passenger side, but nobody will ever know the difference unless they get under the car.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Ya he got back to me late last time and I ended up sealing a deal on Qa1s right before and didnt go with the LT's as a result

Comment

I'm in the same boat with you man, I sent him a pm a while back and never got a reply. From what I understand they were almost identical to the FFF LTs. FFF may be the only way to go for them now, but I sure as hell would have liked to pay $450 instead of 800+

Comment

i tried last year to contact him on 3 forums. never got a reply. im just going to be going with midlength now.

Comment

Can you post photos please?

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                      I did have to modify the drivers side header because it hung too low. The pipes and collector were angled slightly downward and was a MAJOR ground clearance issue, especially with me being lowered. I cut the tubes and re-welded them so that it was level and raised a hair. Now my drivers side is about 2-3 inches shorter than the passenger side, but nobody will ever know the difference unless they get under the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X