Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clear Image Headers: Price Reduced!!!

Originally posted by myk99cam
    i'm in the process of having these headers installed, by a shop (first time to this one-stop shop, but it was convenient, orderly and some people recomended him), on my 99 camaro....he said they've been a b*tch to get on and is also having 'difficulties' with the A/C lines clearance...i'll know more details about what exactly he's having trouble with, when i see the car later this week. besides the one sticky in the Exhaust section, anyone else put these headers on their 98+?
    I just replied to the other thread with some details about the AC lines.
    It is a matter of the shop being comfortable moving them or not. We have no problem doing it here because we know they can be moved quite a bit.

Comment

I dont know much about these headers other than I have read about the great quality of them, but what sizes are the primary tubes, collector outlet size and flange style, and crossover pipe size? Sorry for the questions but I didnt have any luck looking for this. Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsaddict
        I dont know much about these headers other than I have read about the great quality of them, but what sizes are the primary tubes, collector outlet size and flange style, and crossover pipe size? Sorry for the questions but I didnt have any luck looking for this. Thanks in advance,

Dave
        No problem, that is what we are here for.
        1 1/2", 2 1/2", Oval Port, and the Y pipe is 2 1/2".

Happy Halloween all!

Comment

Any update as to the clearance issue with the AC lines? How about the long tubes? This would be another interested f-body owner if you made long tubes...

Comment

hey, will u split shipping costs with me and give me a nice discount if i ship my car to you to fab a set?

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterKev06
              Any update as to the clearance issue with the AC lines? How about the long tubes? This would be another interested f-body owner if you made long tubes...
              FFF is now making LTs for our cars if you need a set

Comment

Originally posted by v6mOtOrhEAdftOp
                hey, will u split shipping costs with me and give me a nice discount if i ship my car to you to fab a set?
                I think it would be cheaper if we found someone local, and then you can just order after we have a set ready lol. Shipping would probably kill both of us! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year. If you have any questions don't hesistate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterKev06
                  Right now we have an 02 Camaro with Supercharged LS1 on the rack. We are doing the R&D for long tube headers and 3" Y-pipe. For the V6 long tubes we would need a car. The owner would pay cost for the 1st production set and R&D would be on us.

As far as AC clearance, 97 and older need to be changed. 98 and newer just need to be moved over a bit to get the header into place.
                  Last edited by Clear Image Auto (Dan); 01-30-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Image Auto (Dan)
                    As far as AC clearance... 98 and newer just need to be moved over a bit to header the header into place.
                    I agree with this too. I put CIA headers on my '98 car several years ago, before any of these other brands were even available. I did have to bend the lines coming out of the back of the a/c compressor slightly. The lines are aluminum and bend easily on the car. The hardest part of the job was just getting the old exhaust manifolds off the car.

Comment

I wish you were clsoer, I'm buying my 3rd f body this week, so I'll have a 3.4 and a 3.8

Comment

What special are you running if running one at all? I am picking up a motor in a week and would like some new pipes on it!

Thanks
                        Archer

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          we have refrained from posting here because we are no longer a supporting vendor on this forum. We appreciate your interest if you have any questions please give us a ring. The number is on our website.

Thanks.

Comment

Wow what a great deal, I remember paying close to eight hundred for the pleasure of being the second guy to get these pipes back in the day. That included getting the y pipe setup and sent back and forth to be copied for everyone else w/ the a4 but I still felt that was a sweet deal back in 2000. If nothing else it's worth it for the spark plug accessibility. It's not a big deal to check compression or change plugs like it is w/ the stock pos manifolds. BTW what's all this complaining about the A/C lines? Mine's a 96 and it wasn't anything some careful love w/ a pry bar won't fix. Not really a big deal in my recollection of the whole install. Spent more time and busted knuckles getting the old ones out. I live in SoCal too and never had any problems w/ the A/C blowing hotter or isses getting smogged either (not that mine are carb certified or anything) I wouldn't hesitate to get these headers if you're in the market for some. Glad to see the v6 aftermarket community still alive and well.

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                Stop being busy!
                                LETZRIDE
                                If you got family or friends that you keep meaning to go see - relationships you keep meaning to mend. Stop being busy and go do it/see them...don't wait...
                                6 days ago
                              • sac2165
                                New Conversion Van
                                sac2165
                                Ditched the old conversion van for this new 3500 Promaster.

The extended version actually seats (9) Adults comfortably, 32"...
                                1 week ago
                              • sac2165
                                Flush Mounted Floor Lights
                                sac2165
                                I've been wanting to do this for awhile:

The Race Deck flooring was thick enough to accommodate some under-cabinet kitchen...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Lost 50lbs in 4 month's
                                ssms5411
                                So I've been losing weight, i got up to 370lbs in July then decided i had enough , so i started exercising and watching what i eat and drink. Drink over...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • Steve1
                                Thoughts on paint job
                                Steve1
                                Hi everyone,
                                I'm new on your folks forum. And there is something I'd like to ask your oppinion on. My Camaro is 2011(3.6 L). And I decided that...
                                2 weeks ago
                              Working...
                              X