3.8l v6 / 4l60e with 85k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8l v6 / 4l60e with 85k miles

3.8l V6 engine and 4l60e transmission out of a 1998 Camaro. 85k miles on both, running and operating perfectly when taken out. Taken out only to swap in a LS1/T56.
    Engine / transmission only, will not include k-member / struts / wheels.
    Have video of engine running / startup upon request!

Sold!

Last edited by Crazed98Camaro; 03-08-2022, 01:17 PM.

This is a great deal… why not include the K member, I don’t think you can reuse it can you?

Hopefully you detail your swap on here!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      This is a great deal… why not include the K member, I don’t think you can reuse it can you?

Hopefully you detail your swap on here!
      Thanks!

You are correct, I can't use the V6 k member with the LS1. I bought a complete donor car to do the swap, and in order to keep the donor roll-able (and maybe sell as a shell), I need to put the v6 k member back in the donor.

I've been taking a few pictures along the way, it's definitely quite the process especially going from a 1998 to 1999+. I might throw a thread together at some point!

Comment

Does that tranny have a removable bell housing? Can’t tell in the pics.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Does that tranny have a removable bell housing? Can’t tell in the pics.
          I'm not 100% sure, but based on seeing these bolts on the bellhousing it sure looks like it.

Comment

Yes it’s removable, thanks for checking. If I was closer I’d jump all over it. Just did a big project this last weekend and still need to paint my Camaro. Good luck on the sale.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 01-18-2022, 06:22 PM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sold!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X